Dated 19 June 2015
“Dining and Wining with the Devil”
To Mr Motaung and Mr Khoza, it is common knowledge if not a fact that many Swazis love and respect you two Gentlemen. Amongst the reasons which informs these undying belief in the two of you, is the fact that you have succeeded through your sacrifices, leaderships and Art of Organizing, to have us the two greatest soccer teams in Africa. You have proven to us and the entire continent that it is possible for Africans to Nurture talent, skills and assemble soccer teams so good that even the struggle for freedom in your own Country heavily relied on to wage the course for justice in South Africa under Apartheid.
The glorious names of Orlando Pirates and Kaizer Chiefs are too precious, glorious and Humble to be directly linked to the terrible litany of gross violations of everything African and Human today in Swaziland.
To this; We the Swaziland United Democratic Front (SUDF), representing various pro-democracy formations inside Swaziland join other progressive forces to humble ask the two giants of soccer in Africa, to please cancel and further disassociate yourselves with anything to do with the so called King`s Cup scheduled for July 2015.
As such we beg for your indulgence dear comrades. Participating in the so called King`s Cup is tantamount to “Dining and Wining with the devil “Swazis still live under Apartheid indigenoused as Tinkhundla system of Governance. This hegemonic elitist Royal supremacy whose current public face is His Majesty the king for whom you are been lured into help face-lift has:
- Presided over not only the incarceration, but torture and Killings of not less than 65 Political activists over the past 47 years since British colonial yoke handed power over to Royalty, the latest been just in the past two weeks.
- Currently not less than 15 political Activists languishing in jail among whom is President of PUDEMO Mario Masuku aged 65 years, whose Health is in a dire situation as he is diabetic charged with flimsy charges of Terrorism for speaking in a May day 2014.We Know too well that particularly Mr Khoza has met and knows about Swazi Struggle through the President Mario.
- Has not only banned and proscribed PUDEMO but further maintained the 1973 ban on political parties. This has cascaded to the ban of trade unions as well as perpetual threat to shut down vocal civil society organizations. This is a clear demonstration of political hostility and utter levels of intolerance against democracy and respect for human rights. We are convinced any association with the King`s Cup will be a direct aiding and abading of the last absolute Monarchy which is characterized by arbitrary use of force; extra judiciary killings; forced evictions of innocent poor swazis and lawlessness. The King’s Cup is a desperate effort by this regime for recognition, attention and credibility. It seeks to use and abuse the great name of anyone who is not well versed about the atrocities and blood of the 1, 2 million Swazis.
- In December 2013 through the Royal Swaziland Police Force the State brutally attacked mourners during memorial service in the Lutheran Church in Manzini who had convened to pay their last respect to Dr Nelson Mandela upon his death.
- Moreover the Monarchy through its appointed Government has despicably failed to support sports nor to develop a credible environment for nurturing of talent and skills of Swazi Youth. In fact only (R7 million) of the national budget goes to sports when the King alone slice nothing less than (R2.8billion) of the national budget this year 2015 alone.
Surely your conscience must speak to you dear Pirates and Kaizer Chiefs, The world supported the struggle for the boycott of South Africa under Apartheid in all sporting codes which gave incredible impetus to your course for freedom today.
“Umuntu ngumuntu , ngabantu”
We hope that you will find it in your hearts to stand with the poor and Oppressed masses of our beloved Country Swaziland.
Yours in the Struggle for democracy and Justice in Swaziland
Office Number 3